Friday, June 5, 2009

Summertime

Summer is here (I know that technically there are still 3 weeks of spring) and now life slows down and we can relax. Just kidding life is crazier than ever. Baseball is still going on and we have already started football practice!

Monday night we had a "volunteer" night to work on the field at the Big Guy's new school. I met a few of the dads and we tried to help whip the field in to shape. We worked on a fence and moved some dirt around to fill in some holes. The boys who intend to be on the team were there too and I had a good time watching some of them try to break cement with a sledge hammer. It was actually pretty fun for the most part although it was about 93 degrees. After we finished at school we had almost an hour to go home, eat and get to the ball field. Big Guy got a hit and we won, the game ended at 10. Now there were just a few simple tasks left like getting two boys to bathe and get to bed; getting clothes and lunches ready for the next morning (it was zoo camp week); getting laundry done for me and packing clothes for the boys as they spent the next 2 nights with their father.

Tuesday I went to a PTA meeting on my lunch...well the whole week kept going like that, just one thing right after another. I suppose life might have been like that when I was young but it seems like it was easier. I guess if we can make it to Fall, I can start catching up on my Summer reading. Maybe the books will be in paperback by then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment